Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Row By Row

So I moved from inching along to sewing some rows together on my Flutterby quilt.  Maybe some of you remember my earlier posts on this one. 

The blocks have 3D butterflies in them and when put together will hopefully look like a garden full of butterflies.
Earlier this week, I spent a little time finishing the blocks...
Speed pieced and assembled...
Stacked and ready for layout...
Sample of layout ideas....
(Saving the completed layout til all blocks are sewn together.)

And last night I sewed the 7 individual rows...
...that are now ready for pressing (seams).

Then I can sew the 7 rows together and begin working on a border!

Happy to have had a chance to make more progress on it.

Wanted to join FNSI but it's been an exhausting week,
so my feet are up and I'm ready to watch a movie...
either that or repeats of the Golden Girls.
I could use a good laugh.  ; )

Happy Weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made a great amount of progress. She is going to love it when you can send it to her. Remember no matter how much is done it is progress. One day at a time. And don't forget your homework before Sunday heehee.

TabbieG

Faith S. said...

Gorgeous, beautiful...hey, that Golden Girls pic looks WAY too much like us...I think it's time for a visit to the hair salon - LOL!

-hip

Marg said...

The Flutterby blocks are so cute and summery. I'm looking forward to seeing it all finished.

Sheila said...

The flutterfly blocks are fun and I am wondering if you are using vintage sheets or vintage fabrics for this project? Sweet whatever they are and you are making such great progress . Love the Golden Girls too , always good for a laugh .

Karen said...

Very nice Wendy! A wonderful summer project. I have been TV/Movie free for one year now and do not miss it a bit, but the Golden Girls was one program I did enjoy.