Friday, October 5, 2012

The Case of the Disappearing Ink

A couple weeks ago I finished another block
 for my Raggedy Ann Redwork Quilt.
And as a matter of course, 
I printed off the next block to transfer.
 Then I went to get my Inkbegone marker, with blue ink specially made to disappear when lightly rubbed with water, perfect for removing unwanted marks after stitching.

I searched everywhere, couldn't find it, 
but got lucky and found another similar marker.
So I grabbed it and traced my new block and started stitching.
Then, a few days later I went to pick up where I left off, and this is what I found.

 
Turns out, the pen I grabbed in my impatience, 
actually has a special purple ink that DOES
"disappear" as it's exposed to air over time.

Aha, case solved!!

Luckily, tonight I found my Inkbegone pen and retraced the block.

Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Raewyn said...

Oh golly - I have one of those disappearing pens too - and have been caught out the odd time!! Love your blocks! Where did you get the pattern from?

Sheila said...

Oh that was not a nice feeling , glad you were able to retrace ,sure is a cute design .

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Oh my! Tracing that pattern once must have taken quite awhile - I wouldn't have wanted to do it a second time. I've had wonderful results with the Frixon pens for tracing.